This recipe is slightly different from the one shown in the clip bellow as I was just serving 2... The left over mixture has been saved to make Wontons at a latter date...
Lion's Head Soup...
Lion's Head Pork Balls...
- 500g / 1 pound Pork Mince
- 4 Water Chestnuts, finely diced
- 1 heaped tsp minced Ginger
- 2 Spring/Green Onion, finely chopped
(Reserve some greens for garnish)
- 2 Tbsp Chinese White Rice Wine
- 1 heaped tsp Oyster Sauce
- 2 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tsp Chilli paste or 1 finely diced Chilli
- 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 5 Tbsp Corn Flour, or enough to give you a slightly firm texture
- Pre heat large fry pan to a medium heat with enough Oil to cover the base with just over 1cm or ½ inch of oil.. (I would recommend Peanut or Rice bran oil)
- Add all but the Corn Flour into a bowl & combine well.
- Add enough Corn Flour to "firm" up the mix so it is not to sticky.
- Roll into 8 evenly sized balls.
- Fry balls for 15-20 min turning 3-4 min.
- Remove from oil and drain oil for a few minutes.
- 5 cups Chicken Stock (I use 2 tsp Chicken stock powder & 5 cups water)
- 4 Pak Choi, Bok Choi or favourite soup greens, washed & sliced into strips
- 2 cups/2 big handfuls of Snow Peas, slithered
- 1/2 Large Red Capsicum/Pepper, sliced thinly
- 1/2 tsp Sesame oil
- Thinly chopped Green/Spring Onion leaves for garnish
- Once the oil had drained the balls place them into the Chicken stock then bring to a medium simmer for 20 min. This will release some of the flavour from the balls into the stock making it a truly awesome soup..
- Place the Greens, most of the Snow Peas into bowls then place 2 Pork balls on top.
- Add Sesame oil to soup liquid, stir then pour into bowls.
- Garnish with Capsicum/Pepper, remaining Snow Peas & chopped Green/Spring Onion..
YouTube clip here...
We were totally wrapped with & will be making it again very soon for some guests... Hope you enjoy it if you make it...
Have a great one all...