1 matching pages.
If you want a cake to impress, this is it. It is so delicious my chef brother-in-law declared is "the best chocolate cake I have tasted in ages."
This cake tastes so good no one will suspect it is gluten free and dairy free.
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 100 grams cocoa
- ½ tsp salt
- 300 grams almond meal
- 400 grams caster sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 300 ml olive oil
- 250 ml water
- 6 large eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
- Grease and line a large cake tin or two medium cake tins
- Grab a medium bowl, large bowl and a sifter
- The large bowl is for your dry ingredients
- Sift bicarb, cocoa and salt into large bowl
- Add caster sugar, vanilla sugar and almonds to large bowl and mix
- In the other bowl, mix olive oil, water and eggs
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well
- Pour into cake tin and bake for an hour
(The cream on top of the cake in the photo is Lactose free. The chocolate on top of the cake is gluten and dairy free. This recipe has been adapted from Nigella's Olive Oil Chocolate Cake.)