Simple Savings has a team of friendly staff dedicated to help you with any queries. However you might just find the answer you're looking for right here! These are some of the questions we are most often asked:
For starters, Simple Savings is proudly AD FREE and always will be! We guarantee not to bombard you with 'helpful' advertising from any other company or sponsors to try and entice you into spending your money. We are here to help you SAVE money! It is a private list and will never be sold or given away for any reason. All members mean far too much to me to risk losing by doing anything like that.
Basically, you become a free member when you sign up to the newsletter box on our home page. This is a free newsletter which we publish every month and you can unsubscribe at any time – but you'll probably never want to! Each issue reads like an online magazine and contains many hints, stories and articles which will help you reduce some of your everyday expenses. We keep every single newsletter in our archives (click on 'Newsletters' on the home page) so that you can search for a particular savings subject, or just have a leisurely read and soak up all the terrific information. In addition, when you sign up to receive our newsletter you also gain immediate access to:
- A weekly "Hint of the Week" email - our favourite new money saving tip from the hundreds we receive each week.
- Your own personal "Wealthy Habits" calendar. This is a groundbreaking calendar that will help you to save money 365 days of the year by identifying your weaker spending areas and enabling you to hang on to more of your money. This calendar is unique to Simple Savings - you won't find another like it anywhere!
- Entertaining and informational blogs. We have three resident Simple Savings bloggers who share their personal money saving journeys with us all. Rob Bob, Mimi and Penny Wise are all long time members who entertain and inspire everyone to save through growing their own food, creating fantastic frugal recipes and testing out new tips, all mixed in with the trials and tribulations of everyday life. Their musings will often make you laugh, but there is much to be learned from them too!
- Free downloadables to make your life easier. We have a fantastic range of resources which are available for you in our 'Downloads' area to use or print off at your convenience. Whether you need to organise your bill payments or home, plan your family's meals for the week or come up with a special gift for the grandparents, you'll find the answer here!
- Savings Diary. This is a brilliant tool to help you keep track of your spending so you can record your progress and reach your goals. You can use it as often as you like to see where all your money REALLY goes!
- Save-O-Meter. The amount of money Simple Savings members have saved together is staggering. To demonstrate, visit our Save-O-Meter to see some of the ways our members have come up with to save on every day costs, then calculate how much money you could also save just by changing a few simple habits.
Paid (also known as Vault) members have access to everything the free members can enjoy – but they also get much, much more. It costs $27 to upgrade and you receive all of the above free member benefits, PLUS:
- Access to the Savings Vault. This is the real heart of Simple Savings. Your first visit to the Vault will blow you away. It is a staggering source of information, containing thousands of tips that will save you money and new tips are constantly being added. Finding what you want in the Vault is easy, thanks to our impressive facilities. Most Vault members learn enough to recoup their $27 joining fee in the first week alone - or even the first visit! To give you an idea of some of the countless ways you can save money with your Vault membership, click here for a sneaky peek!
- Access to our Savings Forum. The Forum is a buzzing, warm hearted community where you will learn to save masses of money, while also receiving plenty of support, inspiration (not to mention a lot of laughs!) from likeminded people. Members have described it as an information super-highway! We must warn you though - the Forum is so addictive; once you visit, you won't want to leave!
- More printable downloads. Our 'Downloads' area contains some more fantastic money savers, which are exclusive to paid members only, such as a Power Expense Calculator, and a brilliant Mortgage Repayments Calculator which will amaze you and motivate you to pay off your home loan in record time!
PLUS - we have a 365 day 'no questions asked' money back guarantee. You have nothing to lose - and everything to gain!
You can pay by cheque, money order or credit card. All the details are on the secure order form. Click here to order.
If you are using an old browser or are on an intranet it is possible you cannot see the secure order form. So we have added a second non-secure order which you can fax or mail to us. Click here to go to the printable, non-secure order form.
How do I get a refund of the membership? If you have purchased a Savings Vault membership and are not happy with it for any reason you have a full year to ask for your money back. Just email us and request a refund.
Don't panic! If any of the free printables are not downloading try clicking your right mouse button over the link and save it to your computer first before opening. That should do the trick but if you still can’t open them please email us for help.
Every single hint that we receive is very much appreciated, and we do know how much effort is made by all our members in keeping us informed. If you have submitted a hint but have not found it anywhere in the Vault, this could be for a number of reasons:
- Repeated hints – We receive hundreds of hints every week but there will always be occasions where we receive hints from members that are already duplicated in the Vault. If you are not a Vault member, you will have no way of knowing whether you are sending in a hint that we already have, but if you are an existing Vault member, there is an easy way to check for double ups – just type the keyword of the hint you are wanting to write in the ‘Search’ bar, and you can find out immediately if you will be submitting something new.
- “Limited time” offers – The great majority of hints referring to ‘limited time’ offers do not get included in the Vault. This is because our members require access to current information at all times. Due to the sheer amount of hints we receive, it is just not feasible for us to include these in the Vault and then have to continually ‘weed them out’ as the offers pass their expiry dates.
- Self advertising – We do not promote hints which have blatant advertising content. By this, we mean hints which have obviously been submitted by a representative (such as Avon, health companies and so on), promoting the products they are paid to sell. However if you own, or represent a company or product that you truly believe helps people save money, contact Fiona and tell her all about it instead. She is always keen to hear new ideas!
- Lack of information – It is a sad fact, but too many hints never make it to the Vault due to just not giving us enough information. It is not enough for members to be given a vague idea of how to save money – they want details! If you save 50% on your monthly meat bill, that’s terrific, but we want to know exactly where and how much, so more of our members can take advantage of the same great deal.
- Controversial hints – Simple Savings members are made up of thousands of different people, of all ages, races, religions and circumstances. We cannot expect everyone to share the same morals and beliefs. While you will find tips on just about anything you can think of in the Vault, there are always some issues that will remain sensitive. Even if the subject may be something you strongly believe in yourself, we have to remain diligent at all times to ensure the Vault is a productive and positive place to visit for everyone.
- Don’t give up! – Even if your last hint didn’t make it into the Vault, don’t stop sharing your tips with us. If you are not already a Vault member, there are still other ways that you can earn yourself a membership. The more friends you tell about Simple Savings, the greater chance you have of nabbing a free membership and getting your hands on all the goodies inside the Vault for yourself!
If you have an official 'media' email address. Such as firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, send us an email and we will give you free access to the Vault.